Tuesday, February 03, 2009

No Respecter of Persons

Wow, it has been crazy lately.  The last post and last reading I did was on Jan 5.  That's just pitiful that I only lasted 5 days and then bailed on the reading plan.  I missed one night, then two because of being too busy and then it was hard to get back to it and then I forgot about it.  I remembered occasionally but not at the right times.  It has been getting busier and busier, and I finally said enough is enough.  I have to take the time even if I stay up late to do it.  I need my time with God and I need God's help in my life.  I need Him to help me gain control of myself, control of my household, control of my work and get things working right again.  I'm just sorry I missed so much, but I'll get to read over it again next year, right?

If you are reading this and I miss a blog again, please hound me and help me stay accountable to this.  OK, here goes...

Daily Reading:  Ex. 35, 26 & Acts 10

Scripture:  Acts 10:34, 35

Observation:
God is no respecter of persons. He does not want or need men of high esteem with Titles and Degrees.  He accepts those that fear Him (respect Him) and obey His commandments from all nations, to do His work.  He wants the Peter's, the fishermen, the Cornelius', the devoted, the servants, the common ordinary lay people to draw close to Him and work for Him.  That does not mean he won't accept those that have high esteem among men, as long as that person does not have a haughty heart.

Application:
Don't let me step in to the trap of being a respecter of persons.  Men are just men, and we are all sinners in need of a loving, merciful God to save us.  Don't let me hold back from witnessing to another because of a person's so called esteem or lack thereof.  

Prayer:
Lord, I pray that I will draw close to you, so that you can use me and my talents to reach others, not matter who they are in this world. 

No comments: