Friday, February 06, 2009

Witness Boldly by the Power of the Holy Spirit

Post #2 tonight.

Daily Reading:  Levitcus 1-3 & Acts 13

Scripture:  Acts 13:46-47

Observation:
Paul and Barnabas were chosen by and filled by the Holy Spirit.  They preached boldly to the established religious leaders sharing the truth about Jesus and the Salvation he was to provide, and upon the Jews rejecting them they were to turn to the Gentiles.  The message of Grace, the message of Salvation, the message of Love was to be taken to the whole world and God would like to have used his Chosen nation, Israel to accomplish that goal, but now he had to take it directly to the gentiles through these humble servants fill to face all odds to be share the testimony of Jesus.  They were able to put a sorcerer in his place, tell the religious leaders they had despised salvation and stand up to ridicule, opposition and scorn to share this message by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Application:
I need to allow the spirit to lead and guide me as I interact with people, so that I can boldly share the love of Christ, so I can share the mercy and grace and salvation that He wants to provide to all my friends, family and acquaintances.  I will receive opposition, ridicule and scorn but the Holy Spirit will provide a powerful message and protection to the messenger.

Prayer:
Lord, fill me with your Holy Spirit.  Help me to see the opportunity to share with others, to direct people to your Truth, to share your testimony and your plan of salvation to those in my sphere.  Help me to be step out in faith and speak boldly the message you give me.
In Jesus Name, Amen!

1 comment:

The Warrior said...

Hello there,

It looks like we both have Parental Rights as an interest in common!

Spencer