Thursday, January 01, 2009

Family Connections

I am starting the first day of my daily journey with God through His word.  I am joining with my church family in "Doing Life Together" following the Life Journal program of daily bible readings and listening to what God wants to say to me.  I am very excited to see what God has to say and what He reveals to us all as a group as we draw closer to Him and to each other.

Daily Reading:  Gen 1, 2 & Luke 1

Scripture:  Gen 2:7, 22, 23

Observation:
We are all physically connected. We are all part of one another via the creation of man and woman and now handed down through genetics.  We are one people.  We are also spiritually connected to one another and through our physical connection with God through the breath of Life given from God.

Application:
When I reject or accept someone, it is like rejecting or accepting a part of me, myself.  It is like rejecting or accepting Christ (when you have done it to the least of these you have done it to me), because of our interconnection our interdependence with one another through creation.

Prayer:
Lord, please help me to see everyone through your eyes.  Eyes of otherness Love.  Eyes of Concern.  Eyes of Acceptance.  Eyes of Forgiveness.  Help me to see the best in everyone and encourage the best from everyone.  Help me to uplift and encourage all who cross my path.


No comments: